- Born on 17 March, 1963 at Tapa
- Married with Lea (1990)
- Son Kaarel (born on 1991)
- We reside all together in Tapa
- Jaan Koit - in articles (1987-1988) at Võitlev Sõna Newspaper
Look also the genealogy section
Backgroung of my given name:
- Teet = Detlef, Detlev (Estonian variation of a German given name)
- Detlef, Detlev = in the Low German: peoples son (Dietliev)
- Environmental Board of Estonia, adviser of the Nature Conservation Department (2010-2013), adviser from 2013
- Expert for the environment and spatial planning
- Tapa Municipality, Tapa, deputy mayor, 2005-2010
- Lahemaa National Park Administration: nature education officer (1987-1988), Viitna & Palmse, deputy director, 1988-2005
- Tallinn City Archive, Tallinn, archivist, 1987
- Russian State Library - Rossijskaja Gosudarstvennaja Biblioteka, Moscow, librarian, 1982-1986
- Nature Conservation:
- Secretary of the Association of Baltic National Parks (ABNP), 1991-1998
- Secretary of the Union of Protected Areas of Estonia (EKAL) , from 1991
- Member of international working group "Guidance on how to apply the IUCN management categories in Europe", 1997-1998
- National Focal Point of the EUROPARC Expertise Exchange (common project of the Phare and EUROPARC Federation), 1997-2001
- Member of Steering Committee of the Estonian Forest Conservation Area Network Project (EMKAV), 2000
- Member of Project Team of the Nature Protection Administrative Reforme, 2003-2004
- Member of the Nature Conservation Co-operation Working Group of the Ministries of the Environment of Estonia and Finland, 2003-2005
- Director of the Loodusaeg (NatureTime), from 2005.
- Ministry of the Environment of Estonia:
- Member of Supervisory Council of Estonian Forest Protected Areas Network, 2000
- Project Leader of the Protected Areas Portal Project, 2002
- Project Group Member of the Estonian State Nature Conservation Management Reform, 2003-2004
- Member of the Joint Working Group for Nature Conservation of the Ministries of the Environment of Estonia and Finland, 2003-2005, from 2011
- Member of the Leading Commission of Technical Aid Project for Specifying of Investments Needs of Natura 2000-Areas, 2005-2006
- Member of the Round Table for Composing of State Development Plan for Using of Oil Shale, 2006-2007
- Member of the Environmental Impact Assessment Licensing Committee, 2009-2010.
Lääne-Viru County Administration:
- Member of Infotechnological Board of the Lääne-Viru County, 2001-2004, from 2009.
- Member of Council of the Green County Foundation (Roheline Maakond), from 2002.
- Kadrina Rural Municipality:
- Member of Economical Committee of the Kadrina Municipality Council, 1996-2005
- Project leader of Development Plan of the Kadrina Municipality, 1998-1999
- Deputy Chair of Cultural Committee of the Kadrina Municipality Council, 1999-2002
- Member of Committee for Administrative Reforme of Tapa Town, Saksi, Lehtse and Kadrina Rural Municipality, 2002-2005
- Member of Kadrina Municipality Board, 2002-2005
- Project leader of General Spatial Plan of the Kadrina Municipality, 2003-2007.
- Tapa Rural Municipality:
- Member of Tapa Municipality Board, 2005-2009.
- Chair of the Council of the Tapa City Library, 2006-2010.
- Chair of the Council of Tapa Vesi Ltd. (Tapa Water Company), 2006-2010.
- Archivist Professional Certificate # 224 (07 May, 2010),
- Tallinn City Archive, Tallinn, archivist, 1987.
- Member of the Estonian Congress, 1990-1992
- Member of the Kadrina Municipality Council, 1999-2002
Friend of the Press of Lääne-Viru County 2006 (Virumaa Teataja) - look here
Membership in the professional organisation:
- Communication networks
- Marginal areas and cultures